Create a Greenhouse Gas Reduction Pathway
Investors, consumers, and employees are increasingly looking towards business to lead the transition to a 1.5°C world. But with little industry standardization on setting commitments, how do you make sure you’re laying the foundation for meaningful climate action?
The Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) is the gold standard for emissions reduction target setting. Setting SBTs allows you to formalize a north star for your GHG reduction efforts, create a clear decarbonization roadmap, and showcase your commitment to the 1.5°C ambition.
However, the process for claiming SBTs can be complicated and time consuming, and is constantly evolving based on the latest climate science. Our team will support you throughout every step, helping you identify the best path forward based on your company size, sector, and unique goals.
With SBC’s Science-Based Targets Services, you can:
- Set emissions reduction targets grounded in climate science
- Create a pathway for emissions reduction that engages your employees, investors, and other key stakeholders
- Clearly demonstrate how you will meet your SBTs
- Boost investor confidence in the future viability of your business
- Increase innovation and efficiency in your company’s operations
- Strengthen your brand’s reputation on climate action
- Empower your peers, suppliers, and customers to follow suit
- Help mitigate future climate-relate risks and identify opportunities
“SBC was instrumental in setting up our climate data and navigating the science-based target setting process. It is refreshing to work with consultants who are as committed to our program’s success as I am.”
– ESG Director, Global Consumer Products Manufacturer
How It Works
Did you know that over 2,000 business leaders are taking ambitious climate action by setting science-based targets? We’ll help you join the SBTi movement by walking you through the following steps:
Based on your industry, timeline, and goals, develop an emissions reduction or net zero target in line with the SBTi’s criteria.
Validate your target with the SBTi to ensure your decarbonization roadmap is aligned with the 1.5°C ambition.
Communicate your target to your key stakeholders and annually disclose your GHG emissions to monitor progress.