Materiality & Stakeholder Engagement
Leverage Stakeholder Insights to Drive Sustainable Change
As a business, it can be challenging to determine where to prioritize your efforts on ESG. Without first understanding what your key stakeholders care about, you risk creating sustainability initiatives that miss the mark and aren’t beneficial to your overarching strategy.
To help you uncover what ESG issues are most relevant to your business, our team can walk you through a materiality assessment and stakeholder engagement exercise. We’ll partner with you to identify the right internal and external stakeholders to involve, design a tailored research strategy, and synthesize actionable insights your business can use to drive positive change.
With SBC’s Stakeholder Engagement Services, you can:
- Understand what ESG issues are most material to your business
- Achieve buy-in early to streamline future decision making
- Get a pulse on how your employees view sustainability
- Identify hurdles to sustainable change and define keys to success
- Benchmark against industry peers and uncover market trends
- Create a more intentional, actionable sustainability plan
- Determine how to communicate what you are NOT doing and why
- Align your efforts with SASB, CDP, GRI, and other reporting frameworks
“SBC was instrumental in not only helping us get our program off the ground with our first baseline and set of goals and vision but has truly remained a trusted partner over the years. They’ve helped us with stakeholder engagement, employee training, our first CSR report, and always are available when we need them.”
– Carman McKinney, Sustainability & Corporate Compliance Manager, Roy Farms
How It Works
What do your stakeholders value, and what does sustainability mean to your business? To answer these questions and ensure you align your ESG strategy with corporate strategy, we’ll guide you through the following steps:
Determine what internal and external stakeholders you should bring to the table. This could include customers, vendors, partners, employees, NGOs, and community members.
Uncover Gaps &
Conduct interviews, focus groups, and surveys to pinpoint what ESG issues are most relevant, gather feedback on how you’re doing, and uncover barriers to success.
Use your insights to bring your ESG efforts to the next level. For instance, adopting a company-wide vision, elevating supplier sustainability, or creating a governance structure.
Featured Case Study
Materiality Assessment & Stakeholder Engagement
Learn how SBC helped a major retailer engage internal and external stakeholders to guide its sustainability goal-setting efforts, and how those results were used to enhance its position among peers and competitors.