As private equity firms seek to build a more future-proof portfolio, they are increasingly considering ESG in their investment decisions. ESG disclosure, once seen as limited to the public market, is quickly becoming table stakes for private companies.
However, unlike public markets, there is no standardization or commonly accepted framework for ESG disclosure in private markets—most private companies have never before been asked to disclose such sensitive information about their operations, strategy, or governance. Today, some private equity investors are using best-in-class reporting standards such as TCFD or CDP, but many use their own, in-house ESG questionnaires.
Our team has helped companies across a variety of industries respond to requests from private equity firms, and we understand these questionnaires can be costly and time consuming. We will support you from start to finish, while also identifying areas to improve so you can stand out to your owners.
With SBC’s PE Firm Questionnaire Services, you can:
- Identify climate and ESG risks and opportunities
- Show investors that you take ESG issues seriously and are proactively addressing hotspots
- Develop your ESG program and communicate your efforts to your investors, owners, and parent companies
- Stand out to new investors and satisfy emerging Limited Partner requirements
- Create an actionable plan for driving improvement