This airline had historically focused only on social issues and community engagement, but was beginning to receive an increasing number of environmentally-focused corporate responsibility questionnaires. This airline was an industry leader in fuel efficiency but had not yet calculated its greenhouse gas data or developed a climate strategy to provide to inquiring corporate responsibility 3rd parties or to report externally.
Sustainable Business Consulting helped the company to develop qualitative and quantitative sustainability data to position the company with industry-leading corporate responsibility responses when reporting to 3rd parties on environmental issues. SBC facilitated the following:
- Calculated its greenhouse gas inventory on an annual basis and updated its baseline after a merger
- Set its Sustainability Vision & Goals
- Facilitated a materiality assessment of social impacts
- Conducted a climate risk and sustainability opportunity analysis
- Improved its responses on external corporate responsibility questionnaires, including CDP
- Performed 3rd party verification of the company’s corporate responsibility GRI report
The company was able to understand its largest risks and sustainability opportunities for greenhouse gas reduction and develop a strategy for taking action in environmental sustainability, then proactively communicate its sustainability strategy to its investors, suppliers and customers to position the company as a sustainable industry leader.