This utility provider had identified that its low employee satisfaction levels were caused in part by dis-alignment between its communicated commitment to sustainability and its actions towards those corporate responsibility commitments. The organization needed a way to bring its sustainability efforts into alignment and improve employee satisfaction levels.
Sustainable Business Consulting conducted a sustainability baseline which included:
- A greenhouse gas inventory
- A sustainability risk and opportunity analysis
- Competitor corporate responsibility benchmarking
- A vision and goal setting session around sustainability
- Sustainability procurement guidelines
The company was equipped with over 65 sustainability opportunities for action to help the organization better align its efforts with its sustainability vision. These identified opportunities ultimately led the utility provider to hire a full-time corporate social responsibility manager and deploy active green teams to carry out implementation, improving morale org-wide.