Having recently hired its first ESG Director, this leading global consumer products company was looking to formalize a climate strategy and build its program from the ground up. However, all existing sustainability initiatives were housed across multiple departments, with no centralized system for tracking data or managing efforts.
In addition to facing internal challenges getting its climate program up and running, the company was facing external pressure from its investors to disclose environmental performance through CDP.
Sustainable Business Consulting helped the company develop a tailored ESG program, respond to 3rd party disclosure requests, and create efficient systems to track success year over year. Our team facilitated the following:
- Formalized its sustainability north star, with the right environmental metrics, targets, and KPIs to measure progress
- Conducted its first GHG inventory to baseline future emissions reduction efforts
- Improved coverage of its GHG data across all Scopes
- Helped client disclose environmental performance data through CDP for the first time
- Facilitated creation and submission of Science-Based Targets to be validated by the SBTi
- Created an automated system to monitor its GHG emissions data and support tracking of progress towards achieving SBTs
With robust Scopes 1-3 GHG data and a viable climate strategy in hand, the company was able to seamlessly disclose environmental performance through the frameworks its investors cared about. On top of this, the company achieved an impressive B score following its first round of CDP reporting, further demonstrating to investors its commitment to tackling climate risks and opportunities.